The Gospel Coalition (www.thegospelcoalition.org)
- The Election of the Evangelicalby Collin Hansen on October 27, 2020 at 4:04 am
Collin Hansen and Daniel K. Williams discuss what the 1976 election can teach us about political engagement and evangelical witness.
- Sabbath: An Enduring Principle For the Soulby Justin Huffman on October 27, 2020 at 4:03 am
Christ fulfilled the Sabbath, but we should still honor the principle. It’s not just another rule to keep, but an opportunity to enjoy God more.
- Why Christians Should Be Sabbatariansby David Strain on October 27, 2020 at 4:00 am
For Christians, weekly Sabbath observance remains. This is not legalism, but gratitude toward the God who allows us rest.
- 3 Reasons Sunday Is Not the Christian Sabbathby Stephen Wellum on October 27, 2020 at 4:00 am
Want to obey the fourth commandment? Trust in Christ and enter the Sabbath rest he came to fulfill.
- Black History: 1963 Birmingham to Presentby Collin Hansen on October 26, 2020 at 4:03 am
Jim Davis, Michael Aitcheson, and Collin Hansen talk about key events in Birmingham in the Civil Rights Era and ongoing frustrations of black people in America.
Christianity Today (www.christianitytoday.com)
- Authors and Parents Are Rethinking Ways to Foster Kids’ Love for Scriptureby Corrie Cutrer on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
What comes after storybook Bibles? A Christian parent’s greatest hope is echoed in 3 John: “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth” (v. 4). Throughout each generation, […]
- Why I Read the Old Testament with Spiritual Seekersby Jen Pollock Michel on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Together, we discover Deuteronomy’s Good News. I first met “Carmen” and her husband after church one morning in midsummer. Raised in Spain, Carmen had been baptized as an infant and had a nominally religious […]
- The Alpha-Male Style in American Evangelicalismby Daniel Harrell on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
A historian asks whether a warped view of masculine authority has corrupted our faith and political witness. As a recent college graduate in 1983, I sat spellbound with thousands in my southern city civic center, mesmerized by a […]
- Will $335 Million Peace with Israel Secure Sudan’s Religious Freedom?by Jayson Casper on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Sudanese religious leaders and American human rights experts examine the latest and symbolically powerful Arab normalization agreement with the Jewish state. Sudan’s Christians are relieved—and concerned. Their […]
- Ousted by Party, Former Democrat Holds to Pro-Life Platform in Tennesseeby Kathryn Freeman on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 am
Longtime state legislator and Memphis pastor John DeBerry is now running as an Independent. Editor’s note: This profile is the fourth in a CT series featuring Christian candidates who are running for legislative office in […]